St Barnabas Church, Thirsk Road, Mitcham
In 1906 an iron room was built to accommodate the meetings and services for those in Mitcham to which it became known as ‘the tin church’. In 1908 the church hall was built and was opened by the bishop of Kingston in January 1909. This Grade II Listed large church can accommodate up to 200 people and became an independent parish in the early 1900’s.
The architect contacted KEIM in December 2016 and the tender was won in December 2018 using KEIM Optil. The ceilings including the arches, beams and vestry walls were decorated in KEIM Optil to meet the requirements of modern and historic architectural design, combining mineral quality with an attractive, consistent finish.